This course was developed within the framework of the Erasmus+ program "Socio-Emotional Capacity Building in Primary Education" (PSsmile).
The aim of the project was to help build emotionally stable, inclusive, and healthy communities in primary education institutions. By training parents and teachers in the principles of social-emotional learning (SEL), the project helped increase their involvement in the socio-emotional development of their students and children, while at the same time helping them to increase their own socio-emotional skills.
This e-learning course condenses the experience gathered by all project partners during the 3 years they worked to develop the project content and activities.
It is designed for teachers and parents who wish to be trained in SEL so that they can become competent in imparting socio-emotional skills to their students and children.
Through this e-learning course, participants will learn the following:
1. The theoretical framework underlying SEL (as conceptualized within the PSsmile program)
2. The 4 domains of SEL (self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, social management)
3. Some exercises to develop socio-emotional skills in children
4. The PSsmile mobile app, an intuitive and adaptive tool for teaching socio-emotional skills in the classroom and at home.
At the end of the course, participants will have:
- Increased the understanding of their own emotions and the emotions of others;
- Improved the control of their own emotions, as well as the emotions of others;
- Acquired skills in teaching SEL to primary school pupils;
Everyone is welcome to join this class!
If you have any questions, please contact us.